Sports betting and gaming giant Entain has announced the formation of two new committees, created to “further increase the Board’s effectiveness, engagement with our people and sustainability.”
One of them is the People & Governance Committee, which will:
- Review workforce policies and practices and monitor their consistency with the company’s purpose, strategy and values.
- Lead the process for appointments to the Board and satisfy itself that plans are in place for an effective succession to the Board and leadership team, with due regard for the benefits of diversity – including gender, social and ethnic backgrounds and cognitive strengths.
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are in place for the training and evaluation of Directors.
- Review developments in law, regulation and business practice relating to corporate governance.
Stella David will Chair the new People & Governance Committee. Other members will include Chairman Barry Gibson and Designated Workforce Director Virginia McDowell. The responsibilities of the Nomination Committee, which is being disbanded, will be incorporated into this committee, noted Entain.
The second new committee is the Sustainability & Compliance Committee. Renamed from the Environmental, Social and Governance Committee, this new committee will:
- Provide oversight of the company’s Sustainability and Compliance programme.
- Oversee the effective management of the company’s ongoing relationship and engagement with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
- Monitor progress against internal key performance indicators and external Sustainability and Compliance index results
Stella David is stepping down as a member of the Sustainability & Compliance Committee with immediate effect, noted Entain.
Barry Gibson, Chairman of Entain, stated: “The outstanding quality of Entain’s people around the world is a key part of our success, and these changes will bring the Board even closer to the extraordinary talent and diversity that we are fortunate to have across our business.”
“They are also yet another example of our relentless focus on sustainability, and of our commitment to being a best-in-class, responsible operator with leading levels of corporate governance running through all aspects of our business.”