MGM Resorts International is distributing loyalty rewards to patrons who were impacted by the recent cyberattack suffered by the company. According to a post by the @VitalVegas handle on X (formerly Twitter) a promotional offer of a complimentary stay is being extended to members of the MGM Rewards loyalty program.
“We sincerely extend our heartfelt gratitude to you for your unwavering loyalty and patience during the month of September,” MGM said in its statement, as per the @VitalVegas post on X.
“Your trust and commitment to our services are greatly appreciated, and we are dedicated to demonstrating our appreciation in a meaningful way. Whether you chose to stay with us or had to make the difficult decision to cancel or postpone your trip, we are steadfast in our resolve to make it up to you,”
Nice make-good on the part of MGM Resorts—perk for loyalty club members following the hack, watch your in-box if you stayed at an MGM resort in September. pic.twitter.com/JKp8Xc2od4
— Vital Vegas (@VitalVegas) October 11, 2023
“As we diligently work to finalize more details to show our appreciation, we are excited to offer you an initial opportunity for a return visit. This is just the beginning as we have plans in motion for even more that will soon be unveiled. Your loyalty deserves nothing less, and we are eager to demonstrate our gratitude,” the message from MGM further reads.
As per Las Vegas Review-Journal, this communication confirms that the MGM Rewards system remains under maintenance as the message said more updates on MGM Rewards account balances will follow in “coming weeks.”
In response to queries from the Review-Journal seeking further details on the criteria for qualification for this promotional offering, MGM officials confirmed the company is introducing a range of offers directly to their customers.
“MGM Resorts is pleased to provide various offers to our guests to thank them for their loyalty. We have been working diligently to restore full functionality to MGM Rewards and expect any remaining issues to be resolved in the near future,” the company said in an emailed statement to Review-Journal.
MGM Resorts International continues its efforts to rectify the aftermath of the September cyberattack, which disrupted the company’s operations for a period of nine days. It is noted that the majority of customer-facing functions have since been restored to normalcy.
MGM officially recognized the cyberattack last week, revealing that it anticipates a cash flow loss of $100 million resulting from the incident. The cyber attack had affected its extensive network of hospitality, gaming, and entertainment properties across the United States.
The majority of the financial impact is anticipated to be felt in the third quarter, with the company slated to announce its financial results later this month or in early November.
It has been widely reported that Caesars Entertainment, which also fell victim to a cyberattack in August, paid a substantial ransom to the attackers but suffered comparatively less damage to its systems than MGM. The Wall Street Journal reported that the operator paid approximately half of a $30 million ransom demanded by the hackers.