Gambling law and regulation conference Regulating the Game Sydney 2024 has announced the lineup of guest MCs who will lead the charge each day from March 10 to 15 March, “offering unique insights, engaging perspectives, and weaving together various themes to highlight critical points and stimulate an exchange of ideas and discussions.”
- Day 1 – Regulatory Briefings and Engagement: To guide the opening day’s proceedings will be Andrew Gellatly, Executive Director of the Alderney Gambling Control Commission and a prominent figure in regulatory matters and industry affairs.
- Day 2 – Anti-Money Laundering and Safer Gambling: The second day will be led by Dan Rule, Group EGM, Financial Crime Operations & Solutions at Crown Resorts, known for his expertise in financial crime and AML.
- Day 3 – Leadership, Integrity, Ethics, and Stakeholder Engagement: Paul Curby, Partner, CurbyMclintock, a leader in forensic consulting and investigative practices, will helm the third day.
- Day 4 – Industry and Regulatory Innovation and Technology: Anastasia Hronis, Clinical Psychologist and Founder of the Australian Institute for Human Wellness, will steer discussions on the fourth day.
- Day 5 – RTG Masterclass Series: The final day will be captained by Ian Hughes, Chief Commercial Officer, Gaming Laboratories International, and a leading voice on technology and innovation for the better of the sector and regulatory outcomes.
“Each of these Guest MCs brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the conference, ensuring that Regulating the Game Sydney 2024 is not just a conference but a dynamic platform for learning and conversation that promises to challenge conventional thinking and inspire new ideas in regulatory policy and practice and industry advancement,” a press release states.
“We are incredibly honored to have such esteemed professionals joining us as Guest MCs. Their expertise will undoubtedly enhance the quality of discussions and learning experiences for all attendees,” said Paul Newson, the event organizer. “Their involvement is a testament to the conference’s stature as Australia’s leading event for gambling law and regulation.”
Spanning a 5-day itinerary, Regulating the Game aims to serve as a nexus for Australian and global regulators and industry. Its organizers note that the event’s mission is to inspire ethical leadership and compliance excellence, charge individual and organizational capabilities, deepen sector understanding, and spearhead the dialogue on exemplary gambling regulation standards.